We’re £3,567 away from the target we need to meet by January – this will complete the funding for the children who have enrolled in primary school this year and our skills training programme for 80 women.
- Buy from our shop – our first wish is to create a sustainable outlet for our women’s groups so we really hope you will covet and buy the lovely things in our shop.
- Make a donation – we are a social enterprise run by volunteers with very few overheads (just the cost of website/the materials we buy for our products) a little goes a long way…
£5.56 could buy a school sweater for one child
£13.86 could buy a good pair of school shoes
£243 could cover the cost of skills training for one guardian
£42 could help us refurbish an old sewing machines
£139 could buy a new sewing machine
£66.67 could pay one year of school fees inc. text books and pens for one child
£22 could cover the cost of school fees for one term
£467 could cover school for one child for seven years
£975 could support one child through seven years of Primary Education
Other ways you can get involved..
- Host a party or other event
- Take part one of our fundraising events or workshop
- Are you handy with a sewing machine? Perhaps you can help me develop new patterns or stock in the UK.
- Do you have thread or cotton fabric laying around? donate it to us and we could use for it training or transform it into something stunning to raise money.
- Any other ideas? Whatever it is, we are really happy that you are want to get involved so please get in touch.
awamu is a registered CIC no. 7818944